CANCELLATION POLICY – What you need to know
- Please login in to cancel out of the class or session (and reschedule when it suits you) as soon as possible to allow others to take your place in the small classes.
- Please send a Facebook or text message if it is within 24 hours of the scheduled time, as the system will not permit last-minute cancellation.
- 24 hours notice is required or a class/session pass will be utilised. All notice is appreciated to allow others to attend in your place and because Kickstart cares.
ATTIRE AND GROOMING POLICY / GUIDELINES – What to wear
- Comfortable exercise attire of your choice. Recommended – T-shirt/singlet, shorts/short leggings/supportive bra as applicable. Wear layers for the cooler weather. Clothing which adheres to your personal comfort and beliefs is encouraged.
- Check that your tights are not see-through and that your child is wearing briefs under their shorts J
- No symbols or wording which may individuals or groups or promoting the consumption of alcohol.
- No shoes (medical reasons accepted). Please remove shoes upon entry to Kickstart homebase and place them on the shoe shelving.
- Feet should be clean and nails hygienically maintained. Nails within martial arts based classes should not be at a length which might cause accidental harm.
PERSONAL EQUIPMENT POLICY – What to bring
For your comfort, and that of others, it is recommended that you bring:
* Your paperwork (essential)
- Water bottle (non-profit bottles water available – all monies to charity)
- Towel (essential for fitness classes)
- A mat if you like (also available to use at no cost, and basic mats for purchase)
For martial arts based classes, if you train regularly, it is recommend that you also bring PPE (Personal Protective Equipment):
- Mouth guard
- 10-12 ounce boxing gloves
- Hand wraps
Website Privacy, Online Tracking and Do Not Track
- Kickstart Martial Arts and Yoga collects information about your activity on our website and mobile app using tracking technologies, including: cookies, flash cookies, and location tracking on mobile devices. Information collected through tracking technologies is used for many purposes, including: retaining settings when return to the website, delivering content based on your preferences or location, and analyzing traffic on the website or mobile app. If tracking data is associated with your registration information, it will be treated as personal information. As part of this policy, we are responsive to Do Not Track signals from consumers.
- The website has been coded in a language called PHP, so that news and other features of the website can be updated easily and simply. As part of that, PHP will often save things onto your hard-drive called “cookies”. These cookies are in no-way dangerous or harmful to your computer. And most websites that you visit these days will save “cookies” on your computer! The website will also take a record of your IP address (your computers “address” on the internet) for the simple task of recording how many people have visited the website! This information is in no way given to any other organisation, computer, or person.
Information Privacy, Collection, Use and Sharing
- Currently, Kickstart Martial Arts and Yoga gathers personal information (such as name, e-mail address, phone number and zip code) to provide a more personalized and relevant experience, and for contact purposes when users opt to fill out an e-mail submission form or call us directly to inquire about our company or our services. In some cases we ask for other optional information including additional contact information and certain demographic information (such as gender). In medical forms, the information helps keep you safe and support better health.
- Kickstart Martial Arts and Yoga have access to and collect information that you voluntarily provide via website submission form, email, online tracking data or other direct contact from you. Your information is not sold or rented information to anyone.
- Your information will be used to respond to you about the reason you contacted Kickstart Martial Arts and Yoga. Your information will not be shared with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfil your request (e.g. to ship an order).
- Emails (and any attachments) are intended only for the use of the addressee/s and may contain information which is confidential and/or the subject of legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, any disclosure, distribution or use of the information is prohibited and maybe unlawful. Please delete and destroy all copies and contact the sender immediately. Any views expressed in this communication are those of the sender, except unless otherwise specifically stated. Except as required at law, we do not represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of the communication has been maintained nor that the communication is free of errors, viruses, interception or interference.
Your Access to and Control over Information
- You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time.
- If you want to opt-out of receiving promotional emails, simply click on the unsubscribe link located on the bottom of all of our emails. Although we strive to update our email list as frequently as possible, you may inadvertently receive another contact before we are able to remove you.
- Please note that you will continue to receive Member Services related communications as it pertains to your member account. We may use any of your contact information held on file (including Email, Mailing, Phone & Fax) to communicate with you in relation to day-to-day administrative activities, such online purchases and important service alerts. Kickstart Martial Arts and Yoga never sells or rents your name, e-mail address, or any other personally identifiable information to third-parties.
- We only share user information in the ways described below:
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include analyzing data and providing marketing assistance. Those agents only have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
- Whenever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way.
- While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Children’s Privacy & Safety
- We do not use the website or mobile app to knowingly solicit personal information from or market to children under the age of thirteen (13) without parental consent. We request that such individuals do not provide personal information to Kickstart Martial Arts and Yoga. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should promptly contact us and we will delete such information, if any, from our files.
Code of Conduct and Etiquette
Guided by Yoga
- Ahimsa – non violence
- Satya – truthfulness
- Asteya – Non-stealing
- Brahmacharya – moderation
- Aparigraha – simplicity
- Saucha – cleanliness
- Santosa – contentment
- Tapas – a burning effort to achieve a goal
- Svadhyaya – education
- Isvara Pranidhana – acknowledge the divine in all
Guided by the Virtues of Bushido
Also identified as Loyalty, Etiquette, Truth, Self Control, Honesty, Benevolence, Justice, Courage
Guided by the Tenets and Principles of Taekwon-DO
- Indomitable Spirit
I shall observe the tenets of Taekwon-Do.
I shall respect my instructors and seniors.
I shall never misuse Taekwon-Do.
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice.
I shall build a more peaceful world.